1. Elite Athletes: “I create my playing time.”
Average Athletes: “Coach owes me playing time.”
2. Elite Athletes play every possession like it is their last.
Average Athletes play not to lose.
3. Elite Athletes focus on opportunities.
Average Athletes focus on obstacles.
4. Elite Athletes admire other successful athletes.
Average Athletes resent successful athletes.
5. Elite Athletes take criticism.
Average Athletes get upset over criticism.
6. Elite Athletes focus on becoming a complete player.
Average Athletes focus on one facet of their game.
7. Elite Athletes are confident during any situation.
Average Athletes lack confidence in the clutch.
8. Elite Athletes demand perfection.
Average Athletes are okay with mediocrity.
9. Elite Athletes act in spite of fear.
Average Athletes let fear stop them.
10. Elite Athletes constantly learn and grow.
Average Athletes already know everything.